Tuesday, August 11, 2009

News! Get Your News Here!

1.LOCAL BUILDING BURNT DOWN

The restaurant that I work at burned down last night, no joke. It's horrible. The dinning room, kitchen and upstairs office are completely destroyed. They don't know what caused it yet. They also don't know when or if they are opening back up. The repairs are going to take a month at the least... This leads into my next bit of news very nicely....

2. JOB WANTED

I NOW NEED A JOB OR MY PARENTS WON'T LET ME GET A CAR TO DRIVE TO SCHOOL. and it sucks because before I acquired my job now at the restaurant, I had looked at every possible place in town and NO ONE was hiring. Sure, some took my application but they were just trying to be nice (nicer than the ones who told me flat out no to my face when I asked if they thought I could get an application) Anyways, I'm jobless a year away from college with only about $2,200 in my account to pay for books or anything i might need next year. AND as I said, my parents are now not going to let me get a car for school even though this is TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT, I mean, did i start the fire?!?! and before those of you who might think that, hey that's a possibility, let me assure you I DID NOT SET FIRE TO LITTLE ITALY! So, that's my situation right now. My good friend might get me a babysitting gig, but really, how long will that last? answer: until the end of summer, which doesn't help me in the slightest...

3. TEXAN BEST FRIEND ARRIVES TO A WARM WELCOME

On a happier note, Cassi's coming tomorrow at 3!!! YEAH! And even though I wish it wasn't so, the fact that Little Italy is probably going to be closed for who knows how long, I don't have to work while she's here! =] Which is good because I don't want to waste any time with her here.

4. LIGHTS, CAMERA...WELL YOU KNOW THE REST

I've started taking my senior pictures!! =] My dad is taking them for me because, and I don't know if I've said this before, but he's a photographer on the side. Which is great and cheap! =]
**SIDE NOTE OF INTEREST** My dad's side of the family is really big: he's the 3rd oldest of 7 kids. So I have a lot of cousins on that side and they are all older except two of them who are like 5 and 3yrs old. It's them, then me and Darbi in the middle, separated by a bunch of years. Anyways, I was constantly trying to get with my older cousins cause i felt left out and there is this wall in my grandparents den
that holds all my older cousins senior pictures in order of graduation and this year I AM JOINING THE WALL!!!!! YEAH! I have been waiting for this since sixth grade when my favorite girl cousin graduated and joined The Wall. (btw -all my cousins are really good looking) So, my pictures have to be PERFECT or else because once they are on The Wall, they NEVER come down... here's a sample picture (not a senior pic, just a photo from the day that I went out to take some...)
PS~ I just realized that this is the first picture of me that I have posted, do I look how you thought I would?


5. BREAK-IN GONE WRONG

I JUST LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF MY ROOM!!!! GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! THAT WAS SOO ANNOYING AND DUMB! ok, 45 mins. ago I went to the store to get something for my mom and since I was in the middle of writing this I closed the door to stop Darbi from seeing this. Little did I know, when Darbi had come in my room earlier, she was playing with the lock on my door and left it locked so when i got home I was locked out...I just spent the last 30 minutes jimmying my door to get it open. Let's just say burglary is no longer an option for me.

6. MONTHLY TORMENTOR REEKING HAVOC

I am PMSing like you wouldn't believe and it's driving me and my family INSANE! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!! It is also causing me to be lazy and stuff my face... not a good combo.

7. AFTER MONTHS OF STRUGGLE, LOCAL GIRL MANAGES TO RETAIN A TAN

Yep, that's right folks...Lauren (me) officially has a tan!! It's dark, foreign and wonderful! Unfortunately, the tricky part is keeping it longer than 2 weeks...will keep you posted on this breaking news...

8. NEW TRENDS SHOW THAT CHILL TIME IS OVERRATED...

I have so much going on right now, I can't keep everything straight. School starts in 29 days, I still have to write 2 outlines of the books that I read over the summer for AP English (they were Kite Runner (soooo good) and The Poisonwood Bible (another favorite of mine)) along with a "This I Believe..." which I will be posting after I finish it, and a sample college essay (all this for AP English). I also have to write the essays for and fill out the apps for the five colleges I'm applying for (UofM, State, DePaul, Loyola, IUB and Kalamazoo). I also need to rack up some volunteer hours for National Honors Society because I've done squat this summer...Now, I have to find another job, which as stated above, is NOT going to be easy. I have to go school shopping still which is a really big deal in my family. It's like a weekend event. I am working at my mom's dog event next weekend which is going to be hectic and not fun because mom tends to get very edgy and stressed, lashing out to any who cross her path when an event comes up. I feel like I have no time to just relax, I mean, I even have to set up an alarm clock which is sooooooo wrong because it's summer and I shouldn't have to wake up to an alarm clock at 7 in the morning everyday!

9. GIRL ACCUSED OF BLOG NEGLECT

It's true. And I am sorry for the heinous crimes I have committed. But I can't take all the blame, I mean, as I have previously stated, I have been very busy with life. Unfortunately, I think I have come down with Blog-Deserter-ites. It's been a tough few weeks and I just couldn't shake it, but now hopefully I have been cured. Only time will tell...

10. SAID GIRL TURNING SEVENTEEN!

Yeah! You better believe it! I will be seventeen, at last, in 48 days! This means: NO 12 O'CLOCK CURFEW!! and I CAN GO SEE R RATED MOVIES WITHOUT HAVING TO SNEAK IN! no more annoying my friends with having to be home early! YAY! can't wait :] watch out people of the world, Lauren becomes invincible in 48 days 3 hours and 30 minutes!!

this very loooong post brought to you by:

<3 Humming Sue

PS~ how long can these things be? are they limitless?

No comments:

Post a Comment