Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Questionable Case of a Might-be-Bipolar

I'm on a high right now; it's a natural high, I assure you. My body is humming with joy and my eyes are tearing up with happy tears. I want to scream at the top of my lungs that I love the world. The problem is, twenty minutes ago, I was crying sad, sad tears and thinking really sad thoughts. And earlier this morning, I couldn't stop smiling. It started to freak some people out. They'd look over at me and see me grinning and they'd ask why I was so happy, and then, five minutes later, I would be looking off into space, holding back tears and they wouldn't know what to say.

What's up with me?

I don't have an answer for you. Nothing particularly amazing or ghastly happened today. I learned some french and pre-calc and got some homework. Ate a satisfactory lunch, talked with some friends, nothing to complain about. But still, I can't control this roller coaster of emotions.

I got my monthly visitor two weeks ago, so it can't that. And I'm not pregnant, unless I've become the next Virgin Mary... And I'm definitely not into all those nasty energy drinks, so I'm not getting buzzed on those either. What else causes such extreme mood swings? I don't know, but if it doesn't stop soon, I'll have enough personal inspiration to write my very own story, "The Questionable Case of a Might-be-Bipolar".


The Might-be,
Lauren

PS ~ Now I'm sad, so very sad. And tired.

2 comments:

  1. Hope time has done it's trick and you feel more balanced. I think you might have been experiencing what is commonly known as "being female". I apologize for that genetic flaw you have apparently inherited, but I assure you it will always be there, under your skin, waiting to pop out at times of stress, or non-stress, during coffee commercials, while reading Jane Austen novels, while sitting in the park watching kids play on the merry-go-round. It usually doesn't require medication, just as long as you learn to knit or bake bread or something else to equalize your mood. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thanks for the advice. It's nice to know I have answers, even if the answer is not always welcome. Thanks for reading my blog, I really appreciate your opinion.

    ReplyDelete