Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Beginning of Beginnings

Hi everyone! Lauren here (but you can call me Humming Sue). This is my first blog and I would like to say that I am excited to finally be joining the millions of people around the world spilling their guts out into the world wide web! I guess for my first blog I will explain why I started this thing.
For years now I have been writing in journal after journal after journal. I wrote about my daily life, my view on world events, short stories, poems, questions I had about anything. Pretty much I wrote about anything and everything around me. My younger sister, Darbi the computer wiz, kept trying to make me a blog to "expand my horizon". I don't really think she knew what that meant at the time, but it doesn't matter. Anyways, everytime she offered I refused point blank because I believed firmly in the "old fashioned" way of writing and thought that if I started to write all my thoughts out online, they would disappear into oblivion with none of the emotion I put into them when I wrote them down.
So, when I went to Barnes & Noble the other day to pick out my next journal and I looked into my ever thinning wallet, I realized that I won't be able to afford a journal every couple months anymore. Hence, I decided to start this blog in an attempt to retain an outlet for my questioning mind while not wasting my meger minimum wage income that will hopefully carry me for a little while into my first college year.
I know it's not the most original story some of you have ever heard, but it's true and it's the reason I'm here now. Now, how about learning a bit about me? I just finished my junior year of high school (I finished yesterday!) so I only have one more year! Yeah! I'm going to be pretty busy this summer because I'm working at a restaurant as a hostess and selling the carryout we serve. Also, my sister and I are going to Yale University for this three week program starting June 28th. It is going to be a blast! My parents are driving us out there on the 25 I think. On the way, we are stopping at Cedar Point (an amusement park), the city that has Penn State in it (I don't remember what it's called), and one night we are staying in NEW YORK CITY! This is going to be the first time I ever see New York and you cannot know how freaking excited I am!!!!!! While we're in New York City (!!) we're going to see The Lion King on Broadway! I'm pumped!!
Anyways, that's pretty much what I'm doing this summer. I feel like this is a pretty good blog for my first time. I still don't really know how this thing works, but I'll get the hang of it over time. I don't even know if this is private of public; if it's private and I'm talking to all of you I'll be pretty embarassed. Question: are people supposed to comment on thses things? and if so, how? Well, as you can see I've got a lot to learn. If this isn't private, and if someone comes across it, and if you can: feel free to give me some pointers, tell me what you think of my blog, or just say 'Hi!' because it would really make my day. Thanks everyone!
Until I can sneek onto my mother's computer again,
<3 Humming Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment